PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM ALCOHOL, RICH AND SPICY FOODS FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
By having a colon therapy treatment today, you have made a decision to improve your health. It is now up to you to take an active part in the continuing health maintenance process, by reviewing your diet and lifestyle including having colon hydrotherapy.
On occasion, if there has been a longstanding condition of constipation or several health problems, a slight headache or fatigue may be experienced after the first few treatments. If this is so, try and rest and drink plenty of water. In some cases you may feel slightly bloated for a few hours after the colonic, as the untrapped gas makes its way to the exit. If this is the case, have a cup of peppermint tea and lie down with a hot water bottle for a while. In very rare cases tiredness persists for a few days, as the body continues to detoxify itself. In these cases, we recommend having another colonic treatment to accelerate the process.
Some water is absorbed through the colon wall during a colonic, and one may notice an increased need to urinate for a few hours afterwards. This beneficial effect of flushing the kidneys may also be enhanced by drinking a few glasses of water with the juice of half a lemon added to each glass. Since the colon has been cleared of solid matter, it may take a couple of days before it fills up again and normal bowel movements are resumed.
DIGESTION AND ELIMINATION TIPS
This breakfast has been traditionally used by those wanting to have a steady supply of energy in the morning, good digestion, regular elimination and a beautiful skin.
It requires minimum preparation and is ready to be eaten in the morning.
Before you go to bed, take a tub of live yoghurt (soya yoghurt if you are lactose intolerant) and mix it with orange or other fruit juice or even water to form a shake. Throw in a handful of porridge oats, linseeds, a couple of chopped prunes, sunflower seeds and a couple of chopped apricots. Leave in the fridge to ferment overnight, and eat in the morning on its own or with some fresh fruit or berries.
- Eat smaller meals – grazing is better than gorging!
- Eat simply cooked or raw foods – a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, especially leafy, will add to the cleansing effect and help to regulate the bowel.
- Chew slowly and keep your mouth shut while chewing, to avoid air getting into your digestive system.
- Buy local and buy in season. By purchasing your groceries from your local farm shops and farmers’ markets you will always get nutrient-rich fresh food all the while contributing to the survival of organic farming in your own country.
- Be mindful of your choices of protein. Vary red meat, white meat, fish & vegetarian meals.
- Drink plenty of water & avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours. Don’t drink ice-cold water with your meals. Sip room temperature water throughout the day.
- If griping occurs drink hot peppermint, fennel or chamomile infusions and avoid cold drinks, carbonated drinks and gassy foods.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners – use fructose or honey to sweeten your desserts or drinks.
- Whole grains (rice, barley, oats, buckwheat etc) are better nutritionally than pasta and breakfast cereals and they contain the true roughage than cleans up your digestive system. Generally, they are better for you “al dente” – very slightly undercooked. Soak the grains overnight before cooking and discard the soak water.
- Beans and pulses have a high fibre contents, and they are a very valuable part of your diet. Introduce them into your diet carefully and slowly to avoid excess gas. Soak your beans overnight and discard soak water before cooking
- A probiotic supplement recommended by your therapist will be useful to maintain the optimum balance of beneficial bacteria in your gut.
REMEMBER: BEING 80% GOOD 80% OF THE TIME WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AT LEAST 65% BETTER….. AND YOU CAN STILL INDULGE FROM TIME TO TIME!
Contact Number: 01422 747073
Get the good stuff!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and to be entered into our monthly offers!
Also an added bonus of recieving top tips on how to look after your colon!